It’s been a busy few weeks with Thrive Therapy Space! Here is what we have been working on:
- Creating Community
- We hosted our first open house, shared food and drink, and talked about Thrive! The conversations and feedback are key in our planning. Sean Fedorko, tour guide extraordinaire, provided a tour of Radius Co.Work, Erie’s first coworking space. Next open house is on 4/27 (see below).
- Penny attended the “Gathering Summit,” an online conference, and learned so much more about the importance of “gathering” and “community” in our disconnected and panicked lives.
- Becoming an LLC – Thrive Therapy Space is now a registered Pennsylvania LLC!
- Picking a Location – We like a space in downtown Erie and are moving towards a lease.
- Surveying – 34 responses so far!! We created a survey and sent it to local therapists. People responded! They learned more about what Thrive hopes to offer and we learned more about which benefits of Thrive therapists most want! Plus, they let us know what they think of our pricing. If you haven’t taken the survey yet, please click HERE!
- Establishing a Website – ThriveTherapySpace.com! It’s very basic, but ok for now. Check it out!
- Growing Community
- We’ve scheduled two Work Sprints* at Ember+Forge Coffee Shop on Friday April 19th and Friday April 26th, both from 1pm to 4pm. Calling all therapists to join us if you’ve been procrastinating on something! Learn more HERE.
- Our second Open House, also at Radius Co.Work (1001 State St., 9th floor) is scheduled for Saturday April 27th, from 10am to 2pm. Learn more HERE.
- Researching Potential Funding Sources – We are researching two possibilities:
- Erie’s $5,000 Flagship Fund grant
- A low interest loan from the city to help with build out costs
- Leasing a Space – We hope to sign an ‘option’ soon. (This would give us 3 months to build community and identify therapists who want to be a part of Thrive. At the end of 3 months, Penny would formally lease the space, knowing there is a core group of therapists who want to join Thrive.)
- Finding a Contractor & Architect – The office space we’re honing in on has 5 great offices but walls must be moved to create “The Commons” (the therapist community room) and a client waiting room.
*What is a work sprint? A work sprint is a set period of time during which all participants focus on their own task or goal. It is an accountability tool – everyone works hard because they’re with other hard workers! Work sprints are common in coworking communities.
Thank you for taking an interest in Thrive Therapy Space and the wonderful community of therapists we are building.
If you have any questions, or would like to get more information about Thrive, please email me at ThriveTherapySpace@gmail.com and I will be happy to get back to you.
Remember to heal, grow and thrive.