We started drafting this email in early March and began with this: “We are thrilled to say we are getting into a good rhythm at Thrive!” Then Covid 19 struck and our ‘rhythm’ flew out the window! Wow! March was a month of change for us, as it must have been for you. . .
But it is past time to update you on Thrive Therapy Space, so here goes:
- We’re Essential Workers – Althought initially unclear, therapists are designated essential under the Governor’s Covid 19 orders. We certainly agree! During a turbulent time, our clients and our community need the mental health services and support we provide more than ever. Though Thrive wasn’t required to close to in-person clients, we made that decision in mid March, as we wanted to do our part to ‘flatten the curve.’
- Our Fast Switch to TeleHealth – When it was time to stop hosting clients in the space, we switched to TeleHealth. It was a big adjustment, but worthwhile. Now we get to meet our client’s pets and see into their homes (or their cars)!
- Our Amazing Members – Our membership count is up to 24, and every member brings a different background and a wealth of experience and insights. We are fortunate that they joined Thrive and believe in the value of community, connection, and mutual support.
- Our 7 Month Anniversary – We celebrated our 7-month anniversary on April 3rd! Time has gone by so quickly!
- 5 Stylin’ Therapy Rooms – Our 5th therapy room recently received a makeover, (thanks to Ayrn’s dreamy interior design skills) and now is just as stylin’ and professional as the other rooms.
- Dive & Thrive Events – We’ve been offering about 2 Dive & Thrives per month, and recently transitioned to offering them via Zoom. Our goal is to offer topics that most help our members as therapists, business owners, and humans. We especially love when our members present in their area of expertise to other members and Erie’s therapy community!
Here’s what we’re working on now:
- Wearing Masks – Yes, we’re required to wear masks but it will take some time to get used to this new way of being!
- Resuming Limited In-person Sessions – Starting Monday (4/27) some of our therapists will resume seeing a few clients in person, depending on client need.
- Dive & Thrive Events – We’re always looking for new topics or speakers for these events. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge, please let us know by emailing Penny at ThriveTherapySpace@gmail.com.
- Life Coaching – We welcomed a member who does Life Coaching rather than psychotherapy and we feel this will provide additional options for those who look to Thrive for professional help.
- Therapist List – We have created a list of therapists (and life coaches) practicing at Thrive. You can view it here. If you are looking for a therapist or coach, please think of us! All therapists/coaches can be contacted directly with any questions or to book an appointment.
We cannot express enough how much your interest in Thrive (and the wonderful community of therapists we are building) means to us!
This is our ninth Thrive update email – if you have missed out on the previous emails, find them HERE! If you have any questions, or would like to get more information about Thrive, please email us at ThriveTherapySpace@gmail.com.
Remember to Heal, Grow, and Thrive!